The infant massage is an Asian tradition in touch gives us the opportunity to improve:
- The link, or the relationship of security and trust that exists between who offers the massage and your baby.
- The stimulation, since in the skin multiple nerve endings are activated during the massage.
- Relaxation, because adults act as a model to transmit the state of relaxation to babies and we favor them through specific movements (Hindu movements).
- The emotional management of the massage we prefer the space in which the baby can release the accumulated tensions, we offer support and containment in his emotion (which he alone can not go through).
- Also, through the specific movements, we can alleviate the discomfort produced by colics and gases.
Touch is the first sense to develop inside the uterus and is the last to disappear before dying. Studies indicate that the sense of touch extends in the stage between 6 and nine weeks of gestation.
When we define infant massage as a nourishing touch, we refer to it as a unique opportunity to become experts of our son, because during the massage we establish the ideal environment to listen, understand and meet the needs that babies give us. By following their cry, we can provide them with an answer to love and unconditional acceptance of their own needs.
This is why we say that it is not a massage that is used as a therapy for pain, but it will help us to mitigate suffering.
And when he turns one year, what is all this about?
The movements that we learn in this course are adapted to the evolutionary development of the children images3 during this first year of life. As our children grow, we can adapt the movements and adjust them to the different stages.
In short, through touch, we will create a new channel of communication that will allow the child to express and share those situations that generate discomfort and will allow parents to offer the comfort and support necessary to help them and feel accompanied in this case.